Monday, September 19, 2011

Fruits of the Spirit: Joy

Sorry that it has been awhile since my last post.  Life has been crazy and kind of a blur, but I am still loving every moment of figuring out this whole mommy thing :-)

The second fruit of the spirit, joy, in my opinion is a complex one to look at.  This is the definition I found from the Webster dictionary:

1a : the emotion evoked by well-being, success, or good fortune or by the prospect of possessing what one desires : delight b : the expression or exhibition of such emotion : gaiety
2: a state of happiness or felicity : bliss
3: a source or cause of delight 
 
I think joy an emotion that is stronger than just being happy.  I have found that even in the darkest moments of my life, I can still find joy because I know what God has done to take care of me in the past, and because of that I know that God will continue to take care of me. Joy is found much deeper inside and something I believe is a wonderful gift from God.

On the surface my last post did not seem very joyful.  I was frustrated (and some days I still am) and even border-line angry, but I thankfully have still been able to be joyful because of the sources and causes of delight in my life: God, my husband and beautiful, happy daughter, my family and friends, working again at Midway Christian Church, just to name a few.  I believe that as long as my faith is firmly grounded in God, that no matter how hard and hopeless things may seem at times, I will be able to reach deep inside and find joy that will shine light in those dark times.

No comments:

Post a Comment